By Cathy Wong
An alkaline diet is a diet that emphasizes, to a varying degree, fresh fruit, vegetables, roots and tubers, nuts, and legumes.
This vegetable broth fits the guidelines of the alkaline diet.
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups broccoli heads
- 2 quarts distilled water
- 3 cups celery stalk
- 2 cups red-skinned organic potato peels, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 small zucchini
- Chop all the vegetables into very fine pieces.
- Place them in the water and bring to a boil with the lid on.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Strain and drink the broth.
This broth will keep for 3 days in the refrigerator. It may also be made in larger quantities and frozen.